-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of redghost
Sent: Thursday, January 05, 2006 1:01 PM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Preventative Maintenance Question

I like to have fresh fuel lines, so check the ones at the tank and
firewall.  The returns are fresh, so no leaks there.  Could not kill
the car to get a fresh set of fuel filters, that  way  you know when
they were new and can count from that point.  Maybe do the valves at
the same time, so that you change filter and adjust valves together in
future.

Unless you are totally confident in the water lines, get fresh and
change the coolant to Zerex G-05 from the green.   Lets you start a
fresh three year clock on that job too.

Take a look at the vacuum lines for oil.  Check the fuel lines from
filter to IP for leaks.  Add some algae eater to the fuel tank so that
you do not have bug clog the filters.  Change ALL the fuses to fresh
ones.  Change your ATF/filter and fluid in the diff, so the clock can
be reset there.  While you have the car up off the ground, look at
brake lines for dry rot, top off or change brake fluid and PS fluid.  I
always image that the old stuff that comes in any car I get has not
been changed in years, so like to KNOW when the last time a bit of PM
was done.