Can you get a helper to turn the radio on/off? If it's a Becker grand Prix it should work without the ignition on...

LarryT

On 9/12/2013 5:20 PM, Frederick Moir wrote:
Gary, et alia.
That is the prescribed method.
I, however, am not fast enough hobbling around the 300TD to insert the antenna
into the tube and engage the gears before it times out.
Get it?
Fred Moir
Lynn MA
Diesel preferred.

________________________________
From: Gary Hurst <jabbahur...@gmail.com>
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Thursday, September 12, 2013 12:41 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Hirschmann Antenna

this would not work?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiE1PTJHEJM

On Thu, Sep 12, 2013 at 11:16 AM, Rich Thomas <
richthomas79td...@constructivity.net> wrote:

Do you mean getting the toothed plastic thingie engaged to the innards?  I
replaced a mast I got from someone on the list, had to take the housing
apart to get the whole deal organized.  It has a spring-loaded pressure
plate sort of thing to grab the coiled plastic shaft to push/pull it.  You
have to sort of get it arranged in there by casting bones and making
various incantations.  I think it took a couple of times of fooling with it
before it actually worked.

--R