This "saxophone" sound reminds me of the Cessna 182 "stall scare" I had one Sunday afternoon nearly 40 years ago. I told y'all about it few weeks ago; turned out to be air blowing through nearly closed cabin ram air scoop/duct in upper left corner of windshield.

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "WILTON" <wilt...@nc.rr.com>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Tuesday, October 01, 2013 1:58 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] 124 Climate Control Unit/PBU

Just had the "screech" again, but it's a fairly low frequency - more like a bass saxophone and seems to be coming from upper center console area behind PBCU. Sounds like air blowing through a restriction - possibly past a nearly closed valve. I'll try to let it continue next time in effort to locate it; 'try to remember to just rotate temp wheel for possible change in frequency next time.

'Didn't check KLIMA yet; maybe this afternoon or tomorrow; too much stuff going on trying to get a rental house ready to sell. 'Tried to sell "as is," but potential buyers were trying to treat it as a foreclosure and wanted me to give it to them. No foreclosure involved - owned wholly by SWMBO & me - no mortgage on it. Tried to give somebody else the "fun" and hassle of trying to get contractors to do what they say they're gonna do. Seems that most want to do a "halfa$$" job of everything and not what they agreed to do.

Wilt

----- Original Message ----- From: "WILTON" <wilt...@nc.rr.com>