I found this cool truck the other day on CL!

1983 Mercedes L1116 dump truck (141.7" wb)
Turbo OM352-A (145hp/295lb-ft)

http://asheville.craigslist.org/hvo/4100878804.html

Don't see many short wheel base MB trunks, most I've seen for sale have
huge cargo boxers or flatbeds. The short nose MB trucks are really
unique looking, too bad they stopped selling them in the late '80s? here
in the US. It would definitely be cool if they re-issued them with
modern equipment! I guess in the '90s D-B decided to focus on their
other brand acquisitions (Freightliner ect.).

Supposedly the US market trucks were assembled here in the US (like the
Sprinter), anyone know by whom or where? They were quite popular in
other parts of the world.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1987-Mercedes-Benz-Diesel-Truck-Ad-wl714-J4KZZM-/290874424001

--
Chris J.