Drop it already, please?

Luther   KB5QHU    Forest Park, IL
'98 ML320 "Max" (171,xxx mi)

On 10/3/2013 12:36 PM, Gary Hurst wrote:
this conversation began with andrew mentioning how trent's deeds remain
largely unknown.  it is piling on in this very small group but my customer
list is about 6,000, maybe 100 or so have contact with this list.  the case
is not closed for those 5900 people who think they are buying from
buymbparts but are actually buying from trent, whose answer to what he did
was basically that he doesnt' know why anyone is upset as their credit card
companies have or will make them whole financially.  why should i not
document what has happened to those 5900 people who don't know what
happened and haven't yet given him money and sat wondering for weeks where
their parts are?

imagine you were doing business with a crook and i had documentation that
he was a crook, but i let you just give him money without informing you?
what sort of person would you think i was when you discovered your parts
were never coming and i knew that this was a likely outcome beforehand?
this is really essentially what i am being asked to do and i have done so
for a long time against my better judgment for no other reason than i have
feared anger and retribution from this group.  it just doesn't seem that
good a reason not to do the right thing, either on moral or pragmatic
grounds.  the reality is that very few of you buy from me and those who do
have experienced outstanding service and value that they probably wouldn't
discard out of protest over trent's exposure to an unknowing public.  and
those who aren't buying from me, especially those who won't consider it due
to their established hate bias against me, well, are they going to now stop
buying from me more than they are already not buying from me?

there is a kind of group psychosis going on here, i would say "unusual" but
it actually seems fairly common.  it may just be all groups create a
mythologizing orthodoxy.  the official public veneration of rusty, my
absolute villification, the insanely irrational support for trent (talk
about a religious cult in the making!) -- it's all lunacy.  while many of
you might be rational and decent people individually, as a group you are
fairly crazy and i am wondering if this opposition to my exposing trent to
the unwary is simply part of this madness and nothing more.  i think maybe
it's just the nature of groups as such to get crazy and support each other
publicly in that crazy. but i really don't want to join into crazy time and
will try to avoid doing so

i'd like a reason not to expose trent that makes sense to me so it's
something i do for some other reason than fear of your anger and retribution