I just revived a 2006 MacBook Pro with flaky video by reflowing the logic board and cleaning fans. I've got some Arctic Sliver 5 thermal paste I will be installing when I get a chance, along with blowing out all the dust from the radiators.

I think Jobs had to go bite himself half to death or something if he heard fans, every Mac I've ever owned (except the MDD tower that has very noisy fans) has been under-cooled. If you have any Mac portable later than the Tibook, get a fan control program and spin the fans up to keep them cool -- otherwise, you are looking at eventual solder failures that can only really be fixed a couple times without removing and re-balling the chips, which is beyond the home enthusiast.

Stupid design. Ditto for being obsessed with thin portables (you can't put them in you lap, you will cook your 'nads) to the point they are unreliable. Apple used to make bulletproof hardware, now it's expensive throw-away trash made by FoxCon, well known for cheating on the solder.

Peter