On Oct 27, 2013 3:18 PM, "Rich Thomas" <richthomas79td...@constructivity.net>
wrote:

> Actually it is a Mac 9 question, which
> they call Maverick for some reason
> completely unclear, but whatever...

Because (Apple CEO) Tim Cook got tired of the big-cat naming scheme and all
new versions of OS X are to be named after famous surfing destinations.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mavericks_(location)

As far as the OS upgrade itself, many people at my work have already
upgraded and are pretty happy with it.  We use Macbook Pros as development
boxes and typically load them down pretty heavily with lots of virtual
machines, so we would uncover stability issues pretty quickly if there were
any to speak of.

Alex