Really? Assuming this guy is telling the truth (I know that is a big
assumption) he says it does not use ANY oil in 3000 miles.  Could this
one be lucky?  Or is it just a matter of time?

Don Snook

Kaleb wrote:

"yea, will be needing valve guides and seals soon.  Just comes down to

price though."

Donald Snook wrote:

> I found a VERY nice 1990 300SEL and am buying it. 122K miles --

> perfect condition, TONS of maintenance records, major suspension

> overall done less than 20,000 miles ago.

> I have been scouring Ebay, Edmunds, my local paper, etc to find a

> really nice 126.  I wanted an 87 300SDL but a low mileage version is

> priced WAY too high and the ones that are reasonably priced are turds.

> I am sure there are exceptions to this blanket statement, but that is

> what I have found.  Because I couldn't find a diesel version, I took a

> leap of faith and got a gasser.

> Here is a list of everything the PO has done in the last 18 months.

> New hood star, grille insert, headlight doors, and emblem (installed

> by me). New steering shock.

> New valve cover gasket.

> Complete front brakes (calipers, pads, rotors, fluid lines, front
wheel

> bearings).

> Recent Bridgestone tires.

> Thermostat housing and thermostat.

> Blaupunkt San Diego CD32 CD/Radio.

> Vacuum pump (for door locks).

> Shifter bushings.

> Brake fluid pipes to rear brakes.

> New shock absorbers.

> Flex disk on drive shaft.

> A/C - new auxiliary fans, dryer, hose from dryer to expansion valve.

> Headlight wiper blades.

> Alignment, front pads at 102K.

> New thrust arm bearings (left & right).

> New lower ball joints and ABS sending units (left & right).

> New tie rod assemblies (left & right).

> New upper control arms (left & right).

> New center link.

> New transmission cooler lines.

> New lower control arm bushings (left & right).

> New thrust arm mount bushings (left & right).

> New radiator.

> New A/C compressor clutch.

> New windshield wiper transmission

> New alternator

> I can't really see anything else this car might need.  Any

> suggestions?

> Donald H. Snook

> 1990 300SEL 122K arriving shortly.

Donald H. Snook

McDonald, Tinker, Skaer, Quinn & Herrington, P.A.

300 West Douglas

P.O. Box 207

Wichita, Kansas 67201 0207

Tel. (316) 263-5851

This confidential message may be subject to the attorney-client
privilege or protected by the attorney work-product doctrine. If you
have recieved this message in error, please delete it and notify me.