Not necessarily.

If you have certain indicators, especially if you have a direct blood relative
that had/has colon cancer, your predispostion for it is higher.

Considering that it's a leading form of cancer and a killer if left
undiagnosed, I would do it.  A lot like prostate cancer, which Roger died of.
Fairly easy to treat in the early stages, but will definitely kill you if left
undetected.

Dan