tom savage wrote:
I need to replace a rear wheel bearing on my 300D. Everyone keeps saying that a dial gauge is needed to properly tension them, but Sears and AutoZone claim never to have heard of such an animal and I'm not entirely sure what I need. Is this close?

As far as I know, a dial indicator is only necessary to set FRONT wheel bearings. Some proprietary tools are required (or at least desirable) for installing rear wheel bearings, but what tools depend on which year and model 300D you are discussing.

Marshall
'87 300TD 182Kmi, '84 190D 2.2 229Kmi, '85 190D 2.0 161Kmi, '87 190D 2.5 turbo 237kmi