I'll bet that no one had a little boat with a candle in the middle that turned water into steam, put-putted like a V-1 reaction motor, and sailed around the bathtub. Sometimes wondered if a people-sized boat like that would work.
Gerry

From: "Dan Penoff" <d...@penoff.com>
Wow, what a trip back in time!
I seem to recall mine being yellow with green trim. Strange, as over the years that's one toy I explicitly recall as a Christmas gift.

Dan

On Nov 10, 2013, at 9:05 PM, Mitch Haley <m...@voyager.net> wrote:

Dan Penoff wrote:

I had a wind up tractor with rubber treads. It had one of those wheels that spun against a flint and made sparks out the exhaust.
Never get that past the regulators today.

I had one of those, and my sister did too. Think they were made by Marx.
Also had a little wind up model railroad set with the spark feature.
Some visiting twerp thought my tractor was too slow and shoved it so hard he stripped out the speed regulating gears. Turned it from a crawler/tractor that would run minutes on a winding into a dragster that went the same distance in a couple of seconds.

Sis had a green one like this:
http://search.ebay.com/390694976595

Mine was silver:
http://search.ebay.com/231092315598

Both of the ebay ones are missing the tracks and the exhaust stack.

Mitch.

-----
No virus found in this message.