On Sun, Nov 17, 2013 at 5:11 PM, OK Don <okd...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > Is properly polished concrete resistant to oil to the same degree as
> > epoxy?  If not, I don't see the point for a garage.  First time you tip
> > over a pan full of dirty oil by accident, it's ruined.
> >

> What? A little oil stain will make the car fall through the floor? I can't
> fathom the obsession with spotless garage floors. Old cars park on it, why
> would it need to be spotless? Who cares what it LOOKS like? I don't get it.

Actually, I agree.  That was my point.  If a polished floor is both
expensive and also doesn't protect well against stains, then it seems like
the worst of both worlds, assuming you are concerned about the looks of
your garage floor.

The main reason why I'd paint a garage floor would be that white paint on
the floor, like on the walls, makes the room a lot lighter in general. I
imagine it'd also be easier to spot dropped fasteners, too.

Alex