Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2013 12:09:06 -0600
From: Randy Bennell <rbenn...@bennell.ca>
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] horsepower

I am not so sure that I agree with you all.

I can drive my old 300D and it does reasonably well, but there are times
when it could use a bit more. For example, pulling onto the highway from
a dead stop with a 90 degree turn and uphill for the next half mile or
so. I have to be careful not to be run down.

My current F150 has the new 5 liter and I can say without a doubt that I
like it more than the 5.4 that was in my 2002 version.
If I keep my foot out of it, it appears to be making better mileage than
the earlier one did and if I step on it, I get a nice growl.
I have not yet needed to hit it hard so I don't know what it will do if
pushed, but so far I like it fine and I am willing to bet it could be a
whole lot of fun in a Mustang.
I don't need the 400+ HP version but this one is rated at 360HP and that
suits me fine so far.

Randy