i've run B100 almost exclusively for over 100K miles now over the last decade, and have started our 617 when snow was over a foot deep on the hood and it had been sitting for several days. temps were probably never lower than in the teens (F*), but it would seem that many of the alleged concerns about running BioD are wildly overblown. (it also makes a difference what the stock was that the BioDiesel was made from. also, if it's commercially produced, you might ask whether or not it has any winterizing additives; some does.)

it takes noticeably longer for the engine to come up to 'normal' operating temps when compared to #2, but that's to be expected when using a fuel that produces less waste heat.

cheers!