semi-autos are not 'outlaws', however you need to have a very good reason to own one. And no, needing a semi-auto in case the king of England decides to invade is not a good enough reason. Actually thinking about it, you have lot have gun restrictions, far as I know you can't own a full auto rifle there.

Hendrik
who can go pistol shooting if he so wishes