Last article. I now know more about brake fluid than
I really ever wanted. Read this all the way through and
you can too.

http://www.mossmotors.com/SiteGraphics/Pages/Brake_Fluid/brake_fluid_long.html

DOT 3,3/4, & 4 brake fluid is glycol based.

Adding borates raises the boiling point for DOT4.

Being that all of the above mentioned brake fluids are glycol based, they are
all also synthetic.

I have drawn the conclusion, possibly errant, that DOT 3/4 fluid is actually
DOT 4, just labeled as 3/4 to imply that it is reverse compatible with systems
that are said to require DOT3 fluid.

Toyota has complained about using Dot4 fluid in some of their autos and lists
only dot3 as specified for use. I will not be referencing any article on this
as no one here probably cares.

BTW, Citroën and RR use something entirely different.

A very informative article, all in all.

Rick Knoble

Sent from My Samsung tablet