On Jan 11, 2014 8:30 PM, "Mountain Man" <maontin....@gmail.com> wrote:

> essentially undetectable.  An inability to trace votes with a vote
> receipt or tracking is missing.  Vote recount, but in that process we

Kills the secret ballot if the authorities (government, union,
organization) can require you to produce a receipt with your votes listed
on it, and punish you if you selected the wrong person.  At least if you
photograph a paper ballot you could still go change it - if there is a
physical receipt generated then it is too late.

I don't see how the mere fact of the counting being done "on a computer" is
fundamentally any more risky than counting being done by an automatic
sorting machine.  Not that government contractors are known for writing
great software...

Best,
Tim