I had very good experiences buying from Potomac in the past. LKQ, which bought Potomac several years ago, and has a huge warehouse and fleet of trucks near where I live in North Central Florida, seemed like a good place to buy used parts in the future; so I ordered an alternator. The alternator came shrink wrapped in opaque plastic so I didn't open it. I put it on the shelf as a spare; thinking it would be on a par with Potomacs parts. When I opened it several months later I found it was caked with grease and mud, the slip rings were highly grooved, and the brushes worn far down; nothing close to the clean and well tested parts I had bought from Potomac. As far as I am concerned LKQ should be avoided, at least for retail sales. It is probably interested primarily in selling body parts to body shops since that's what we see them constantly hauling in and out of the warehouse.
FWIW.....Gerry