Sorry to dissent, but I am opposed to the silly anthropomorphism of naming cars , e.g. "gertrude", "Brunhilde", Otto, "Hammer", etc. Dogs yes, cars
no.

I don't know.  I believe more in the Indian method of naming.  If/when
a name leaps into your head great, otherwise it's whatever.  Of our
fleet only four have names, and all were earned.  ("Ebola Fishtank",
"Chicken Wagon", "Frankenheap", and "Arab Pimpmobile".  The others
are called things like "red truck".  And often the named ones are
called by their less poetic names.  "Grey car.  Huh?  No, the
_other_ grey car."  You can see why I might prefer the names.

I had a cat that I had to name for the vet.  Called it Hobbes (after
the cartoon) because it was an orange tiger cat.  Later a friend
was complaining to it "Don't be such a weenie boy."  Voila!  Instant
new (and properly earned) name.

Here's an earnable name that I don't want, and maybe one of
y'all need it: Griefmeister.

-- Jim