Got an off-topic question to mine the collective wisdom of the more chemistry
oriented  among you. Digging through all the old boxes that are taking up
needed space in the garage,  I find that I have a few cans of an old (1963)
crankcase additive called "Therm-o-Lube ", an unconditionally guaranteed
"super lubricant for top engine performance". A "ring and valve free
conditioner" to be added every 10,000 miles to:

- reduce friction

- remove carbon and sludge

- free hydraulic lifters

Would this thin liquid (petroleum distillates) be just a detergent?  Would
there be any benefit to add it to an old car, like a '60 Olds? What are the
pros and cons of using it on a not so old (nineties) or newer car?

Are there any other uses for a product like this? Cleaning maybe? Do some
people collect this stuff?

I'd be interested in your thoughts.

Jerry

82 240D