On 2/6/2014 11:32 AM, Randy Bennell wrote:
On 05/02/2014 6:06 PM, arche...@embarqmail.com wrote:
The early 3 cylinder Honda Insights (2000 and later) were interesting in that they got up to 70 mpg. Has anyone ever owned or driven one? If I could find one that needed a lot of work; new big battery etc., I'd buy it just to play with.
Gerry
"The difference between men and boys is the size of their toys."

Look for a Prius.
I have it on good authority that you cannot wear one out.
They are used extensively for cabs here and the cab owners tell me they are bullet proof.
Randy

Prius would probably be a better choice, but I'm dedicated to keeping the fixed overhead down, so the difference between a 50mpg Prius and a 70 mpg early Insight is a deciding factor. Also, the Insight would be more of a challenge, and I like challenges.
Thanks for the suggestion,
Gerry