My impression was you were talking about a manual gearbox - is ATF spec'd for manny trannys? most use engine oil but I've never owned a manny MB....

Sincerely,
Larry

If you want to ruin a MB manual trans, just put gear oil in it. Or run it dry. The ONLY MB manual trans I have ever heard of going bad, (4 spd from a 200D) appeared to have been run dry, then had gear oil put in it. It really was not expensive to make it good again. a few bearings, seals and snychro rings.