Larry,
My customers could still use a credit card even if I switch to PayPal
completely. It's just that the CC processing would point to PayPal and they
would process the charges through to MC, VISA, Discover, etc. As far as the
customer sees, they are just paying with a CC. Now if they select PayPal, then
they know they will have to use their PayPal account. I only use PayPal for
international because it's safer and removes the CC fees for international
which can get high sometimes.
PayPal also does not charge the PCI fee which BOA charged me last month. I
don't handle my customer CCs either, but I still had to pay the fee and do the
online certification. It's just another bank ripoff to me. I also use
Authorize.net for the processing, but it's front ended by BOA in my case. I
originally had ChasePaymentech and they sold me to First Data who in turn sold
me to BOA...and none of them ever asked my permission, they just said they
could do it.
Best WIshes,
Roger
Roger Hale