Jon wrote:
> I think he was thinking more in terms of what such a scheme would do the
> hundreds of thousands of US citizens who are employed by the US air
> transportation industry.

He makes it sound like Kaleb can train to be captain of 787 and
commute to Singapore for work.  Probable pay might be 40k.  Sounds
like exciting biz, Kaleb.
Is this sad, Jon? - it seems sad.  OTOH, this guy is pulling down
6figures due to seniority in his union, no doubt.  This type of
insistence on good pay and plush conditions seems to have outgrown its
luster or place in world conditions.  Maybe another spin he might play
is to suggest his pay and pension are greater than needed and that he
and many others cut their pay and pension in half to save his arena of
the biz for future seniority such as Kaleb and Jon.  I dunno... it all
seems sad in too many ways, no?
mao