Oklahoma also hires a consulting firm to establish recommended pay scales,
aiming for 20% below market for generic jobs and 10% below for skilled/hard
to fill jobs. I moved into the 10% group when I moved to IT. Some
government employees actually feel that they are working for the public and
are trying to make a positive difference in society. The health insurance
was average, nothing special, and definitely not cheap. The promise of
retirement is a factor - now we just hope the retirement system stays
solvent.
Yes, you can lose a job in Government - I've personally fired two political
appointees who thought they were safe and didn't have to work. There is a
process, you just have to follow it.

On Sun, Mar 30, 2014 at 4:26 PM, clay <redgh...@comcast.net> wrote:

> My experience has been that goobermint slaves are not being paid
> excessively to perform their tasks.  Much of the worker bees are making
> $0.75 on private worker $1.  What gets them to hang around is the inertia
> made possible by the probability that they will not lose a job, can make
> the career steps, and will have a reliable retirement income.   That may
> have changed with employment in the past two decades.
>
> clay
> --

OK Don

NSA: The only branch of government that actually listons to US citizens!

for themselves."

2013 F150, 18 mpg
2012 Passat TDI DSG, 44 mpg
1957 C182A, 12 mpg - but at 150 mph!