From: Peter Frederick <psf...@earthlink.net>
Sent: April 9, 2014 11:00:28 PM EDT
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Engine whine - why? W123 300TD

If the TO fried the turbo (which they do often) and it is still in
there, MB will replace it and the turbo for free.

DO NOT take it out before checking with MB -- it's much more expensive
to do yourself!

The catalyst in the trap comes apart, and the ceramic shrapnel
produced by this action eats the turbine on the turbocharger.

My brother had his done about 8 years ago on the 86 SDL - still covered.

Peter