From: Meade Dillon <dillonm...@gmail.com>
Date: April 17, 2014 2:49:10 AM EDT
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] 300td suspension fluid

Hi Rick,

Dragging rear at rest is probably the control valve, which is allowing the
base pressure to bleed off.

After you shut off the engine, open the SLS reservoir to watch the return line outflow. If it keeps on dripping with no end until the rear sags, the
control valve is your culprit.

Recently read on the peach parts forum about a member who has put together a rebuild kit with replacement o-rings. Worth a try I think. IIRC there
are five o-rings in the valve in later versions.

Max Dillon,
Charleston SC
thanks,

Max

I may very well have a problem with the valve too BUT the fact that the RIDE is like a washboard is indicative of bad accumulators, is it not?

and i may be leaking oil into the system from the seal on the back of the SLS pump in the engine

i sort of need to fix everything, i suspect  (again)

at least the hoses are all ok

remember i abuse this thing often towing 1500 lbs on a trailer

xx rick
Rick Hawkins