Sounds like they further misadjusted the linkage. The valve is working if they
were able to influence the resting height. The system's operation is clearly
described in 32-501.

It should be adjusted so that the unloaded vehicle's resting height is
determined only by the base pressure. The height control valve should only
activate if the rear end is deflected significantly (a couple of inches). But
if they've overadjusted the lever, it may not be activating when load is added
to the car. When moving the height control lever (disconnected from the torsion
bar linkage), you can feel the point at which the base pressure circuit takes
over from the height control circuit. There's a very subtle notch feeling as
the height control lever strikes the filling ball valve.

Remember there are two separate control modes: the base pressure circuit (when
functioning correctly) completely overrides the height control lever in the
downwards direction after a certain point. You can put the lever all the way to
the drain position and the car will not fall below normal resting height. The
base pressure circuit actually moves the ball valve out of range for the
control lever to prevent loss of base pressure.

We are talking about adjustments of a few millimetres here. This is not
something that should be done by people who haven't read 32-501.

D.