-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Richard Murdoch
Sent: Sunday, January 15, 2006 2:10 PM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: [MBZ] 123 vacuum challenges?

Hello everyone it has been a while since I have been able to keep up with
the list and even worse what needs to be done to our vehicles.

Our 82TDt (300D turbo wagon) runs fine first time it is started  after
sitting a while.  If it is shut down briefly or sits for a short time it
becomes very sluggish.  If I turn it off then wait for a bit with the key in
the start position it will usually be back to normal when I re-start.

Shut down has also become very slow.

I was thinking the two problems might be related to the shut down assembly.
I had already blocked off the locking system and replaced any rubber vacuum
connectors that were deteriorated.

Now to add to the question - I had to disconnect the AC compressor.
Everytime the HEAT was turned on the AC clutch or belt started screaming.
The AC and heat had not been responding to changes on the temp controll -
but were working.

Can the climate control system be affected by engine related vacuum leaks?
Could the compressor have been cycling on and off and causing the loss of
power?

I don't think the brakes are dragging.  The the calipers and brake hoses
have been replaced.

Any thoughts will be appreciated, mean while I will dig out the MityVac.
Sincerely,
Richard Murdoch