I took a look at the "300D" in KC over the weekend, thanks to Chris M. Before I left, I had determined that it was a 300SDL. A 124 300D, I would have snapped up. This SDL needed some serious work, or was a parts car. Aside from needing a trans, it needed a windshield, ball joints and probably everything else in the front end, exhaust system, driver's seat, work on the sunroof, RF fender repainted and the left side doors re-aligned. IF that work was done, you'd have a 315K SDL that was showing signs that the cancer worms might bloom next summer. The engine appeared to be in top condition, except for needing a couple of glow plugs.

In essence, it was a Kaleb car. It would have been a great parts car, as all the sheet metal was straight and I only found putty in the LR door. The hood, radiator support and RF fender had been replaced.

They guy who bought it was from Des Moines. The seller said the buyer had a rusty SDL with a good engine and trans and was going to put his trans in this car. It was not Dan W. Whoever it is belongs on this list. Had the guy from DM not bought it I was going to point it out to Kaleb and everyone else on the list.

I met up with my brother and we spent the weekend salvaging Scout and IH pickup parts near Manhattan KS. So the trip had a dual purpose, and my wife never knew i looked at another car in KC!

Loren
Still only 2 SDLs