Maybe one of the pros will weigh in on this but here's what I found:  I
needed to remove all the brake stuff from the knuckle,  I needed to pop the
upper ball joint tapered shaft from the knuckle to swing the knuckle out
enough to clear the tool that pops out the lower ball joint tapered shaft
from the lower control arm).  The knuckle needed to be removed completely
and held inverted in a big vice to drive out the lower ball joint.  The
knuckle re-curves back over the centerline of the ball joint and this blocks
pressing in the new BJ with anything simple.  The "pipe" tool I bought/used
was cut out in a way that lets the vertical part of the knuckle run inside
the "pipe."

As I understand it, the c-clamp tool is used "inverted" such that the
tapered post of the BJ goes through the hole in the "bottom" of the C-clamp
with no adapters on that end.  This requires removing the rubber grease boot
to the clamp presses directly on the body of the BJ.  Then you reinstall the
rubber boot.  A picture makes this clear but I don't have one.