You need to consider the entire life cycle of the cars - the MB will likely
go twice the number of miles that the Prius will - thus the cost
differences equal out. IIRC, Toyotaparts are often more expensive than the
corresponding MB parts, if you buy from other than the dealers.
Besides, it's not only about the money.
I bought the VW and a Cessna for the price of a typical E class - you pays
your money and takes your choice . . . .