 From: clay via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Wednesday, July 16, 2014 6:15 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Hot under the collar

Thanks.  No aux fan.  That was introduced later in the year. Hoses are a year
old and holding well.  It was the visco clutch that failed.  Replaced it Monday.

I was a retard and took the car for a 8 hour drive around Mt. Rainier over the
weekend.  It did fine, though did get hot

clay

On Jul 11, 2014, at 12:50 PM, Peter Frederick wrote:

> Check the function of the visco clutch and make sure the auxilliary fan comes
> on at about 100C.  With both of those out of action on a steep grade, you
> will overheat.
>
> Also check to make sure the bottom radiator hose has not gone soft.  They can
> collapse under high speed pump operation, starving the block of coolant.
>
> Peter

> individuals are responsible for the content of the post.  The list owner has

individuals are responsible for the content of the post.  The list owner has no