For the most part large displacement stationary diesels have nothing more than
banks of large spin on or cartridge type filters, much like you would find on
your car engine. They're just larger and often in multiples in order to provide
a larger filter area for the much larger oil volume.

Some prime power stationary diesels can have centrifugal filters as well. These
are literally centrifuges that spin the oil at very high RPMs in order to
remove particulates.

There are also particulate traps installed on the exhaust, but when I was still
in the business these were in their infancy. They weren't very efficient and
required frequent service.

Dan

Sent from my iPad