OK Don via Mercedes wrote:
All of my (previous) MB Diesels with at or over 200,000 miles were sampled,
and determined that at 15,000 mile change intervals they could go another
3-5k miles due to soot level. All other elements were in tolerance as well.
Bear in mind that they leaked enough oil that there were several quarts
added between changes. The plus side was that my driveway was always nice
and black and shed water like a duck's back.

I'd be leery of running a 190D or 124 diesel past 10k without changing the
filter.
I'm probably being conservative, but I'd feel uncomfortable taking a 617 past 5k or 7k on one oil filter. (I might leave the oil in and run an analysis, but if the analysis came back good I'd keep the oil and swap the filter)

Mitch.