 From: Mitch Haley via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
To: OK Don <okd...@gmail.com>; Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Thursday, July 17, 2014 9:51 AM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Mobil 1 $23 at Wally World

OK Don via Mercedes wrote:
> All of my (previous) MB Diesels with at or over 200,000 miles were sampled,
> and determined that at 15,000 mile change intervals they could go another
> 3-5k miles due to soot level. All other elements were in tolerance as well.
> Bear in mind that they leaked enough oil that there were several quarts
> added between changes. The plus side was that my driveway was always nice
> and black and shed water like a duck's back.

I'd be leery of running a 190D or 124 diesel past 10k without changing the
filter.
I'm probably being conservative, but I'd feel uncomfortable taking a 617 past
5k
or 7k on one oil filter. (I might leave the oil in and run an analysis, but if
the analysis came back good I'd keep the oil and swap the filter)

Mitch.

individuals are responsible for the content of the post.  The list owner has no