After five years the dealer is going to tell you to bugger off.

You might want to talk to your insurance company and see if they'll make the
inquiry.  It carries far more weight coming from them.

Otherwise, I would chalk it up to experience and buy an OE seal and have a
glass company R&R it.  That way you'll know it's right.

Randy Steele showed me the differences between an OE and aftermarket W123
windshield seal years ago.  The differences are very subtle, but they manifest
themselves exactly the way you've discovered.

Dan