Be careful.

I am in a quandary with the mother-in-law's iPad.  brother in-law's girlfriend
set it up for her a couple of years ago, including an iCloud account.  She
activated the "Find My iPad" feature.  No one can remember the password and the
mother-in-law's email address has changed since then as well.  Can't even
remember the recovery questions.

As a result of this I can't set up a new icloud account on it for her, nor can
I install or remove any apps.  This came up yesterday when she asked me to set
up Skype on it.

I'm at a loss as to what to do short of contacting Apple.  If I could get her
into the Apple Store they could probably sort it out.

And no, doing a factory reset doesn't change or delete the iCloud data.  The
device is linked to that account for ever and ever.

Dan