Larry,

Trust me, all 124 cars use the eccentric bolts.  Yours may or may not be
rusted in place, life will simply be much easier with new parts.  Both my
cars spent some time in the rust belt, if your car has not, this may not be
a problem.

Removing the old bushing from the LCA is a pain, I had to cut off as much
as possible with the saw-z-all, then press out the remains.  There are two
bushings per LCA, so I'm not surprised the shop charges more.

How does the math work out, comparing cost for the shop to replace the ball
joints and bushings versus purchasing a new LCA assembly?

Max Dillon,
Charleston SC