I always try to take a copy of the CL ad with me. If there is a serious
disconnect between it and the actual car, I ask the seller to read it to me and
point out the attributes they describe in the ad.

In this case the seller said the car had been garaged all of its life.

The roof paint was badly faded and the clear coat was gone.  I asked him if he
looked at this car would he believe it had been garaged all of its life.

That was when I got the, "It's a $1000 car, what did you expect?"

I told him what my expectations were that I expected people to be truthful, and
that I thought that was fair and realistic.

"But it was garaged all of its life!"

I just turned and left at that point. There was no reason to continue.  He said
nothing as I left, I'm sure because he knew I was right.

My search continues. New post on another car coming....

Dan

Sent from my iPad