Dan Penoff via Mercedes wrote:
I always try to take a copy of the CL ad with me. If there is a serious
disconnect between it and the actual car, I ask the seller to read it to me and
point out the attributes they describe in the ad.

I once drove 50 miles one way to pick up an old Filter Queen.
Turns out the ad was for $35 when I found it, but when I called them the next morning they'd decided it was worth more and changed the price to $75. I only downloaded it the one time and had no idea that the ad had changed. They let me have it for $35, but it served as a reminder to discuss all the terms on the phone before leaving on a trip to complete the deal.

Mitch.