In fairness to VW, I've never heard much bad about the TDIs in any flavor.

I had a friend who was a dolphin trainer for Busch Gardens when they had a
dolphin show some years back. They closed down the show and moved the animals
to Sea World over in Orlando, a good hour's drive from here. He was given the
choice to keep his job but it would go to Sea World.

He isn't a car guy, so he came to me looking for recommendations. I helped him
find a Jetta TDI with a five speed manny.

He loved the car and consistently got in the 40-50 mpg range from what he said.
 I don't recall him having any issues, but it's possible he never said anything
about it.

Dan

Sent from my iPad