Agreed.  As we've all heard of or dealt with similar situations over the years,
it's crazy to accept their initial offer.  Do your due diligence and find as
much supporting documentation that you can.  We have so many great resources
available to us today that it's crazy to accept their offer unless you know
it's fair.  They're going to go to the books, which often have limited or no
information, making their offers ridiculously low.  What they won't tell you is
that Black Book values are often well above what they will offer - you can get
Black Book values from your bank or credit union.  BB used to be "Cars of
Particular Interest", a great resource I used to subscribe to when they used to
offer the service to consumers.  It's based on wholesale auction data, so it's
very relevant and accurate.

If you have proof of sales that support your numbers they're going to push back
a lot less, so it appears.

Their biggest concern is closing out the claim and getting it off the books.
In other words, how little will it take to make you go away?

Dan