 From: Tim Crone via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Friday, August 1, 2014 11:58 AM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] What a day...

On Fri, Aug 1, 2014 at 11:26 AM, Craig via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com>

wrote:

> On Fri, 1 Aug 2014 08:15:49 -0700 Curt Raymond via Mercedes
> <mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:
>

> > All in all a simple oil change took just over 4 hours...
>
> It's frustrating when that happens, but congratulations on getting it all
> done.

Indeed, congrats!

I have speared oil filters with screwdrivers, that works pretty well.
Unless the filter falls apart, I suppose, but that hasn't happened to me
yet.

The longest oil change I've ever done was about 16 working hours on the
Escape, plus an hour or two of shop time.  The Ford dealer overtightened
the drain plug (I think I ticked off the technician by insisting that I did
have a transmission).  I wound up stripping it, then completely rounding
it, while trying every kind of easy-out device and drill bit.  Eventually I
took it to a shop, and in the end they stuck it on a lift and used a
grinder to get it out.  Come to think of it, that was also the most
expensive oil change ever, at the $125/hr shop rate here.

Things like that really make me appreciate MB's attention to design detail.

Best,
Tim

individuals are responsible for the content of the post.  The list owner has no