 From: Jim Cathey <j...@windwireless.net>
To: Curt Raymond <curtlud...@yahoo.com>; Mercedes Discussion List
<mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Monday, August 4, 2014 11:56 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] OT: While I was at it.

> thermostat which will react to an ice cube, and the heating coil which
> reads zero resistance. I'd say thats a bad heater.

I wouldn't.  Zero ohm heaters blow fuses and circuit breakers,
or else start fires.  No _continuity_ sounds like a bad heating
element.  Heaters have low resistance, especially cold.  One
must be sure that your cheapie (?) meter is capable of making
a good reading.  I really like Fluke's 80 series meters.

Besides, a bad heating element won't make the thing stay on
continuous defrost.  That's a control problem, or else
your heat pump system is NFG.

-- Jim