The w220 went for fresh shoes last week and the tire shop decided that all
upper and lower control arms needed to come out.  Quoted about $2500 for the
job.  SWMBA threw a fit.  I told her I would check with my indy, which I just
did.  He acknowledges that there is some wear, but nothing to worry about.  The
job will want to get done, but to hold off until there is more going on.

He did find that the computer connection to the transmission is doing the well
known wicking of fluid.  It is early, so there should be no damage.  I got a
date two weeks out to handle that.  The right side CAT is also failing.  Seems
the internals have dissolved and are waiting to poop themselves down the
exhaust.

It seems the standard bugs are beginning to show themselves.

At least I got the idiots at the stealership to cancel the order for the lock
tumbler for the SL.  I ordered that in March, and checked back a few weeks ago
with no satisfaction.  The classic center was supposed to get this ordered.
Stealer orders it again three weeks ago.  I was told they would investigate and
call me.  No call, so I dropped by today and requested the order be cancelled.
Took a half hour to track down the story of this screw up.  Germany has no
record of the transaction at all.

clay