i had a 73 (or maybe it was a 72?) - scary fast? you bet! mine would chirp the tires when it hit passing gear - of course it only got 14-15 mpg on its best day. i would spend all day getting the ignition just right and still only got 14-15!

but on the open highway at 75 or more and it was like riding on air - the smoothest, yet firmest suspension i've ever know before or since.

I sold it for around $3k in 86 or 87 and have always regretted it - even though i still can't afford to put gas in it. But I dearly loved driving that monster! It always made me wonder what a pre-war 500K was like on the Autobahn ...

Now, /thanks to one of you/, ;-) I can't stop thinking about that W108 roller and what it'd be like with a ~450HP crate engine and a modern 5 speed.... Yeah, around $20K should cover the engine, tranny and engineering necessary....

LarryT