Hi David,
I"m not sure if they're the same, but I did buy new front calipers for a
W108 (70 280SE) for a reasonable price earlier this year.  I think I bought
genuine Mercedes.  They were cheaper than I expected.

Jaime

On Tue, Aug 12, 2014 at 8:47 PM, David Bruckmann via Mercedes <
mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> Gang
>
> My 1970 220 (115010) needs front rotors and calipers. It is an early car
> (66138) that uses the same calipers etc as were used on 108 and early 115
> cars. Later W115 and most W114 used vented discs and bigger calipers which
> interchange to R107/W123/W126.
>
> Does anyone happen to know if there are significant changes that would
> require me to use an updated knuckle and steering arm in order to fit the
> new rotors and calipers? EPC isn't totally clear on this point, but it
> seems to indicate that a bunch of stuff has to change if I stray from the
> original configuration, possibly including the knuckle itself.
>
> I'm not hell bent on having vented discs, but it is getting tough (and
> expensive) to find calipers and even discs for the older config.
>
> D.

> individuals are responsible for the content of the post.  The list owner

Jaime Kopchinski
http://www.jaimekop.com/