On Sat, Aug 16, 2014 at 5:09 PM, Jerry Herrman via Mercedes <
mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> I have had little success with stubborn handles (on a splined shaft)
> despite applying "Liquid Wrench" over a period of days and using a puller
> intended for the purpose. Applying too much force usually results in
> breaking the faucet handle. Could it be that this type of product won't
> penetrate in this area?

I'm assuming you're applying it to the splined side of the handle?

In my experience, most such handles are made from pot metal/zamac.  As
such, they can, over a period of years, absorb humidity from the air and
actually swell into the brass splines of the valve stem.  Yer better off
just cutting the handle off if it won't come loose and starting afresh.

-MMM-