My newest star car is 2002, and I recall there being a big push in the early 00
to get folks to only put M1 in the engine and trans.  Some whooey about sealed
for life, but that it was good for the old cars too.  I found that it really is
good for the old cars, as, even the manual four speed loved the stuff and
shifted tighter after a few k on the clock.  The R107 has gotten much better
using M1, with crisp, yet smooth gear changes instead of the delay and clunk
from just three k on the juice.

The 300SE has a magic transmission with it, from the burnt out slush box it
came with.   Swapped in a used with 109k in place of the dead 203k it came
with.  M1 has it shifting almost like a new car.

clay